Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD) is a technique that uses extremely gentle pressure. It is easy for the massage therapist to learn and apply, and can be safely used on healthy clients as well as ill, injured or elderly clients.
MLD can easily be combined with other modalities in a massage session.
This course will offer:
- History and application of Lymphology
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Lymphatic System
- Indications and Contraindications for MLD
- Hands on instruction in basic Manual Lymphatic Drainage techniques for the healthy population
- A Manual Lymphatic Drainage routine for the Head and Neck, including treatments for migraine and sinus issues
Madeline Brock, LMT, MTI, CLT, has been in massage practice since 1999, and teaching since 2002. She is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist (CLT) from the Academy of Lymphatic Studies (ACOLS). Her training also includes Myofascial Release, Structural Integration, Repetitive Use Injury Therapy, and Oncology Massage.
Course fee is $125